“Candace is an awesome instructor, always filled with energy & great ideas! She always has new fun games to add to our workouts. She is so welcoming to all mamas & always has on a smile!” – Katherine Sandusky, Stroller Strides Mama
“I always appreciate Candace's creativity and willingness to try new things. She provides a great workout! Thanks, Candace!” – Che’ Jones, Stroller Strides Mama
"Candace always makes sure BOTH kids & Mommas have fun during her classes! She makes sure all feel welcome & is great at answering any questions - Fit4Mom related or even general Momma questions." - Jessica Moody Khatib, Stroller Strides Mama
1. Who are the members of your family? My husband, Pete, our son Lucas who is 18 months old, and my fur babies Cocoa and Rocky.
2. Where are you from originally and how long have you lived in NoVa? I’ve been around this area my whole life, I grew up in Southern Maryland. I moved to NoVa for a couple years in my early twenties, then back to MD for a few years and now have been here for the past 6 years.
3. Where do you typically teach? I teach Stroller Strides at Lee District on Wednesdays, Kingstowne on Thursdays and Springfield Town Center on Fridays. I also teach Fit4Baby once or twice a month.
4. Tell us your story about how/why you became an instructor for Fit4Mom LSBW NoVa. I joined as a member when Lucas was 3.5 months old, it saved us! As he got older and more on a routine, I started wanting to do more with my time, but still be home with him. Shannon posted about opportunities and originally, I reached out with the thought of an admin role, but poof I became an Instructor instead! A few months later I started the Client Relations role too.
5. What is your favorite thing to teach? Everything! Fit4Baby is great to chat with expecting moms, hear how they are doing and how excited they get for their first baby. I’ve met so many amazing moms through Stroller Strides, I love being able to see them every week plus creating class plans to keep them on their toes!
6. What is the BEST thing about being an instructor? I really like trying to think of new games and stations to keep my classes fun, but I would have to say the BEST thing is really seeing the moms connect and getting to know each other.
7. What is your WHY? Why do you keep doing what you do? Fit4Mom really helped me when I joined as a member, making me realize I wasn’t alone on this motherhood journey and that everything I felt and was going through was normal. Being a part of that for other moms is a great feeling!
8. What is one of your current wellness goals? Just to be more health conscious in general. We go to class almost every day, but it can’t end there, being healthy physically and mentally has to be an ongoing effort.
9. What is a fun fact that many may not know about you? I’m pretty much an open book, not too many secrets here. I hate roller coasters, at least twice when I was younger, they had to stop the ride because I was screaming so loud!
10. Anything else you'd like Our Village to know? Try to take advantage of everything there is to offer with F4M – classes, MNO’s, playgroups, field trips, FB page – it’s all helped me to be a better mother.