As our village grows, so does our team!! Over the past few months, you have seen new classes added to the schedule, as well as new instructors leading class. We want to introduce you to 3 of our new instructors- Nina, Annie, and Karlee! We are so excited to have these strong mamas with us!
Meet Nina Askvig
Nina is one of our newest team members. You can find her early mornings teaching Body Back and also our new class, Body Ignite!
1. Who are the members of your family? - My husband Jerrit, son Jakob (9), son Lukas (7), and Mason our mini golden doodle.
2. Where did you come from before here? - I have lived in NOVA for most of my life.
3. How/Why did you become an instructor? - I became an instructor because I want to celebrate mamas; showing them how special, strong, and awesome they are.
4. What do you teach? – I teach Body Back and Body Ignite
5. Fun fact we may not know about you - I am terrified of sharks but obsessed with Shark Week and shark documentaries. I think the Great White is an amazing animal but I fear the crazy bull and tiger shark!
Meet Annie Sevel
Annie wears many instructor hats. You can find her teaching a variety of classes each week, including our cardio-focused S360!
1. Who are the members of your family? - My family includes myself, my husband, Dan, my four year daughter, Cora, one year old son Camden, and our dog, Brutus.
2. Where did you come from before here? - We just moved back to NoVa from Savannah, GA. We lived here previously from 2012-2015.
3. How/Why did you become an instructor?- I have always loved group fitness! I fell in love with Stroller Strides when my daughter was 5 months old, and I knew I wanted to teach and share my love for fitness and motherhood with as many moms as I could! I truly enjoy exercising and my goal is for everyone to enjoy it as much as I do!
4. What do you teach? - You can find me teaching Stroller Strides, S360, and Body Back
5. Fun fact we may not know about you - I have a gymnastics background and was cast in an Opera as an acrobat when I was 16
Meet Karlee Goeres
Karlee is our newest team member and has jumped right in to help out our team!
1. Who are the members of your family? - My husband is Jonathan married for 5 years. My daughters are Brighton (Oct 2016) and Aila Kate (May 2018).
2. Where did you come from before here? - Military family, moved from Alabama, but originally from Florida.
3. How/Why did you become an instructor? - I became a Fit4Mom instructor because it had such an impact on my life after having my first daughter that I wanted to be a part of empowering #allthemoms both physically and mentally and hopefully make the same impact on them.
4. What do you teach? - I teach Stroller Strides and Body Ignite
5. Fun fact we may not know about you - I was a competitive weightlifter in high school.