It is with great pleasure to begin posting about our village - they are amazing and deserve to be recognized for many reasons. We are all on this journey called motherhood and we can all learn from each other.
Here's our JUNE mom of the month Lauren Giannella - we asked her some questions and here are her responses. Thank you for being a part of our village!
- What are the members of your family? There's John my husband who is totally surrounded by us girls Annora, Susanna & our dog and cat Luna & Toyota
- What is/was your career? From 2006 to 2014 I owned a pet sitting service in Orlando FL, I sold it when moving here to Virginia & became a vet's assistant at Kingstowne cat clinic where I still go in once a month for kennel rotations. After attending stroller strides for over a year, I decided that I wanted to be a part of this amazing team. So in June 2016 I got certified to become an instructor and I am also interested in pursuing Stroller Barre certification this fall.
- How long have you been a member of FIT4MOM? Since January 2015
- What is your favorite class exercise? Anything similar to kick boxing moves gets me in a true workout mode.
- What is something that has surprised you about motherhood? That everything bad & even sometimes good is just a phase
- List 3 of your favorite things? Traveling, animals & anything adventurous
- What is your proudest mommy moment so far? Seeing my baby turn into such a kind, smart & fun loving toddler makes me smile, I can see the person she just naturally is but I can also see the things she gets from me
- Any advice for other moms out there? You need other mom friends more than you know so don't be shy about trying to make some, you will all be happier! So get out there and find your village